I think Prey should...

Installation

OK after I uninstalled the program manually myself and then installed the BETA version I click on OK continue and now I am told that I did not install the new version, and I cannot proceed through your web page......not a good beginning.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AshleyAshley shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  RojoAdminRojo (Master of all things awesome, Prey) responded  · 

To get past the “welcome” screen, your device has to sync with the panel successfully, that almost every time happens within the next few minutes after the install, but for various reasons it can take a bit longer.

So, since you posted this yesterday, does your problem still continues?

It seems to me like you’re ready to log in and get pass the “welcome” screen.

Please let me know how things went.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt RiderMatt Rider commented  · 

I have two devices ... one a macbookpro and one an android phone. my mac is "working" with the beta client. but I still dont have access to the google Plus group. my personal email and my google plus account email are different...I assume this has something to do with this issue?

• NaorNaor commented  · 

i experienced the same "issue". i runned the installer once more and than i could get passed the "Welcome" screen

• AshleyAshley commented  · 

Hi there, you know what i think the issue is. I am on VPN. Many times while on VPN you all cannot find me or I am in a different country. Maybe as a suggestion let people know not to install while on VPN.

Feedback and Knowledge Base